Did you know that most women aren’t effectively washing their face and removing all the makeup worn during the day?
You may think you’re washing your face well but if you’re like most women, you may be tired before bed and your face wash routine is cut short or done sloppily. This can be detrimental to having healthy, glowing skin. Keep reading to learn how to properly cleanse your face at night.
Many women wear makeup every single day, and although it may seem like skin needs a break from makeup in all honesty it doesn’t according to dermatologists. That is of course if women are properly washing their faces every night before bed.
1. Do not wash with hot water. Contrary to popular belief, hot water does not “open” pores and in fact it can be very damaging to the skin. Rinse skin with lukewarm water which will help loosen dirt, dust and whatever else is on your face.
2. Cleanse skin for at least 30 seconds. Many women don’t realize that how long they spend cleansing the skin really matters. Be sure to use a safe for sensitive skin cleaners (whether or not your skin is sensitive) you want the least possible chemicals in your skin cleansers and makeup.
3. The best cleaning isn’t done using fingers but using a gentle sponge. The Konjac Sponge is an excellent 100% natural tool that will help get in all the tiny creases such as nose, in between the eyebrows and near the temples.
4. Rinse face and make sure there is no makeup remaining on skin. Check the mirror to make sure you reached all the nooks and crannies of your face and you’re as clean as a glass.
5. Pat skin dry with a tissue paper. I don’t suggest using a wash cloth because they don’t get cleaned as often as they should. Using a tissue paper will be soft on skin and completely sterile.
6. Tone and moisturize skin. Toning skin often gets overlooked but it cools and balances the skin after a nice scrubbing.
7. Sleep on a satin pillowcase. You want the next 8 hours to be the most relaxing time for your skin and friction would simply irritate your face. A satin pillowcase will make your skin feel like it’s in heaven and it will not be irritated by the friction of other materials.
I hope you’ve enjoyed these tips and learned how important it is to wash the face thoroughly at night ESPECIALLY if you wear makeup every single day. You can now get the Konjac Sponge for $6.77 and it is currently on promotion for buy one get one free! Sold on Amazon.com