Did you know the Konjac Sponge could clear all your skin conditions? Keep reading to find out 5 of the best Konjac Sponge benefits!
The beauty industry has seen a new trend. From BB creams to CC creams, foundation to kojic soaps, women now have a new thing to die for: the Konjac Sponge.
The konjac sponge comes from the Asian konjac plant. It acts as a cleansing agent for your face to clear dirt and skin impurities. Since they are made from natural fiber, there is nothing synthetic about them. Hence, they are safe to use on your skin. The Konjac Sponge is almost like a loofah, only softer. If the former’s texture can already give you smooth skin, imagine what the softer and finer texture of the konjac sponge can do for you.
The konjac sponge comes from Konnyaku from Japan, primarily, and is found to be rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, D, & E, proteins, lipids, fatty acids and natural minerals such as copper, zinc, iron and magnesium. It also boasts of a neutral PH, which means it will help balance your skin. It is a naturally alkaline plant and won’t damage the epidermis of your skin.
Women are now patronizing this yet another beauty innovation from Asia. This is because it is not just ANY beauty product. Here are konjac sponge skin benefits that you should know:
1. The konjac sponge can cleanse your skin of dirt, blackheads, whiteheads, oil, and other blemishes. The drugstore cleaners and toners just don’t make the cut anymore. Once dirt sets on your face for more than 24 hours, you could expect that you’ll have pimples the next morning. One of the konjac sponge skin benefits is to make your skin extremely clean without drying it out making it dull-looking. To make your skin even softer after use, use moisturizer. You could also drop Argan oil to your water and then rinse your face with it after you scrub it with the konjac sponge.
What you need to expect from the konjac sponge: you may get a little disoriented with its rubbery feel, as opposed to the coarse texture of the loofah. According to Dr. Jessica Wu of LA, California, konjac sponges are thick and absorbent.
2. The second of the konjac sponge skin benefits is that it helps with makeup application and makes your makeup stay on longer. The sponge will make all dry skin flakes vanish and because your skin is moisturized by the konjac sponge, your face becomes more responsive to other skin care products. It also makes your face the perfect canvas for cosmetics. Your skin also becomes bouncy, and will be able to release its natural oil. It’s also great during makeup removal because the konjac sponge is a good cleanser, it can also wipe off stubborn traces of makeup on your face.
3. Konjac sponge skin benefits include treating your clogged pores and acne. The natural fibers unclog the pores on your face, resulting to smoother and clearer complexion. Be careful with your acne, though, as you might accidentally prick a pimple. Apart from that, the konjac sponge is good for people with sunburnt skin because it sloughs off dead skin cells, giving way to newer and fresher skin. Konjac sponges can also remove stubborn sunscreens that stick to your skin and cannot be washed easily by a cleanser.
4. Gentle cleansing is part of konjac sponge skin benefits. This product is okay for those with sensitive skin and will not damage your skin cells. They can even be used to shower babies! The sponges are so soft and palm-sized and make a perfect sponge for baby bath time. To prep up your skin for konjac sponges, wash your face with lukewarm water, put cleanser on your sponge, and then massage your face with the sponge in circular motions. Focus on areas where there are a lot of whiteheads and blackheads or other blemishes.
5. The last of the konjac sponge skin benefits is that it makes your skin more radiant. Imagine having a clear complexion that looks so natural, think of glowing au naturel skin. Imagine a whiter and smoother skin that is not marred with pimples and other blemishes. You can look the part of a blushing bride through the use of konjac sponges. Regular scrubbing will make your skin smooth and silky like a baby’s. The longer you use the konjac sponge, the better your skin would look like.
There are other konjac sponge skin benefits worth mentioning. These include the practicality of using one product versus too many skin care products on your shelf. But because the konjac sponge is dispensable, you have to replace it every now and then so that it doesn’t breed germs, and the germs do not get transferred to your face. If you’re not going to replace the konjac sponges regularly, you will end up having pimples and blackheads again. Make hygiene your priority, even as you use an effective product like a konjac sponge.
The konjac sponge is definitely Asia’s answer to exfoliation. They have revolutionized women’s beauty routine and have ended their woes in cleansing. The konjac sponge is friendly to the pocket and can be bought for as low as 10 dollars on amazon.com Here are a few of the companies that sell konjac sponges:
Luxx Curves has the charcoal konjac sponge, this sponge is good for most skin types. It helps rid oily skin of excess sebum and at the same time helps dry skin re-gain moisture. It truly is an all-in one, one stop shop beauty item for your daily routine. Their sponge sells for less than $10!
Sephora also distributes a cleansing sponge from Boscia, a skin care line known for creating only natural and organic products. This particular sponge hails from Jeju Island, Korea, the home of natural and effective beauty products. The cost of this sponge is significantly higher than Luxx Curves and is sold for $24 apiece.
I hope these 5 amazing konjac sponge skin benefits have helped you decide if trying this Asian miracle product with your skin!